The CPM Wolverine Proctor Stem Dryer is designed specifically for drying tobacco stems in GLT Plants without a reordering requirement. The specially designed conveyor plate is used to prevent the sticking of the stem, and a unique feeding system provides uniform loading of the conveyor over a wide range of feed rates. It also utilizes hot air rather than steam, enveloping each piece of product with atmosphere for rapid and even energy transfer. The result is consistent and fully expanded product in 45–60 seconds.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Versatile: Can be providing with or without cooling
- Uniformity: PLC-controlled drying ensuring maximum uniformity and consistency of product
- Easy quality control: Real-time monitoring and logging of all process parameters for validation and quality control
- Expandable: Modular design allows for ease of future expansion and minimal installation time
- Consistent: Dryer-mounted stem spreaders ensure evenness of bed loading and consistency of drying
- Efficient: Full, energy-efficient expansion of reconditioned stem, achievable through the Jetzone fluid bed ovens